Insulation works, it keep the warmth in and the cold out.
Heat will always flow from a warm area to a cold one, and in winter, when it is even colder outside, the heat will escape from your home into the surrounding air even quicker.
- Lower Your energy bills
- Save Money
- Improves your health
- Combats rising Energy Prices
- Keep your home warm in winter and cool in the summer
- Remove Damp and condensation
- Be comfortable in your home
- Good for the environment
External wall insulation or Solid Wall Insulation can significantly slow down the rate at which heat escapes, keeping as much of it inside your home as possible.
External wall insulation works by adding layers of material that only allow heat to pass through it very slowly. This reduces what is known as the ‘U value’ of the walls – the rate at which heat can flow through them. The lower the U value, the more slowly heat is lost – and the less money you will need to spend on fuel bills to keep your home warm.
Insulating a solid wall property is a big step, with external wall insulation installation especially being much more time consuming than more traditional loft and cavity wall installations. However the benefits are substantial.
External wall insulation can improve the energy efficiency of a solid wall property that has not yet been treated. The key benefits of external wall insulation are:
- Reduces heat loss by up to 45 % when compared to a solid wall property with no insulation installed
- Could save you £45 for every £100 currently spent on your heating bill
- Provides a high level of thermal efficiency making your home warm and cozy
- Minimum disruption for the householder
- No reduction of interior living spaces when compared to internal wall insulation
- Can help with condensation problems and black mould growth in some cases, making your home safer and more comfortable to live in
- Improves the appearance of the building, as cracked or old render will be replaced as part of the installation process
- Complements the existing building and colours thanks to a wide array of colour schemes being available for selection
- Has long term durability, with a 25 year guarantee on all installations as per SWIGA, Green Deal and ECO guidelines
- Virtually maintenance free. Once the insulation is installed you can begin enjoying your warmer home without having to worry about constantly checking the insulation
- BBA (British Board of Agreement) approved